Dance schools and companies from all over the metro are set to converge from June 14-26, 2016 at the first-ever Dance.MNL: The Philippine Dance Festival.
Presented by the Cultural Center of the Philippines and Ballet Philippines in cooperation with Philippine Ballet Theater and Ballet Manila, this inaugural festival will feature 11 performances, a 10-day dance intensive, and two-day conference, gathering more than 500 dance professionals in the metropolis. Dance.MNL is supported by the National Commision for Culture and the Arts and the Manila Broadcasting Company. Click here for DANCE.MNL’s schedule of events.
The Dance Intensive offers a rich lineup of teachers in 30 dance classes and 11 Master Classes throughout the festival.
Students can take classes in Classical Ballet, Modern, Contemporary Dance, Improvisation, Street Dance, Children’s Contemporary & Creative Movement, as well as Introduction to Ballet and Introduction to Modern.
The line up of teachers and their respective classes are as follows:
- Classical Ballet: Carissa Adea, Osias Barroso, Rhea Bautista, Butch Esperanza, Cyril Fallar, Gina Katigbak Garcia, Toni Lopez Gonzalez, Jonathan Janolo, Karla Javier, Edana Labitoria, Eileen Lopez, Regina Magbitang, Carlo Pacis, Sofia Sangco Peralta, Mark Pineda, Perry Sevidal, Cecile Sicangco, and Victor Ursabia.Modern Dance: Jed Amihan, Timothy Paul Cabrera, Gerardo Francisco, Ron Jaynario, Edana Labitoria, Victor Maguad and Kris-Belle Paclibar Mamangun.
- Contemporary Dance: Carissa Adea, Zyda Baaya, Paul Alexander Morales, Ava Villanueva Ong, Rhosam Prudenciado, and Ronelson Yadao.
- Improvisation Class: Ea Torrado
- Street Dance: Anselmo Dictado and Edana Labitoria.
- Children’s Contemporary & Creative Movement: Gia Gequinto and Edana Labitoria
- Master Class for Advanced Ballet: Lisa Macuja Elizalde, Cyril Fallar, Nonoy Froilan, Anatoly Panasyukov, and Perry Sevidal
- Master Class for Horton Technique: Max Luna III
- Master Class for Modern: Ron Jaynario.
- Master Class for Male Dancers: Osias Barroso
During the Dance Talks, dance scholars and enthusiasts will have the rare chance to engage in discourse on these various topics and their respective dates:
- June 14: Pointe Shoe Fitting with Edna Luah of Chacott & Freed of London
- June 15: Higher Dance Education with Denisa Reyes
- June 16: Dignity and Character Building Through the Discipine of Dance
with Gina Katigbak Garcia
- June 17: Strength Training for Dancers (Pilates) with Cecile Sicangco
- June 18: Talking Pointes: Ballerinas on how they prepare their
Single classes are priced at Php 500 per class (only Php 300 if you pre-register), Master Classes at Php 750 (pre-registration is required), and Dance Talks at Php 200.
All participants must pay a one-time registration fee of Php 300.
Dance.MNL is a biennial festival focused on uniting and celebrating the Filipino dance community. The Dance Intensive runs from June 14 to 26, and the performances from June 21 to 26.
For more information, visit www.dancemnl.com, email email@example.com, call (02) 551-1003, or check out our official Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Dance.MNL.
To join in the social media conversation, use our official hashtag: #dancemnl
SOURCE: Mr. Toots Tolentino and Dance.MNL